Sunday, January 1, 2012

A new blog... for real! :)

I know, another blog. But everybody helped me sort through the homeschooling issue in my other blog, and it was fun to post about what we did and where we were at, and get encouragement and input from my friends. So... why not do that with this next challenge? I have gained 50 lbs since getting married in 2002. Our 10-year anniversary is in April, and during those 10 years, I have had 2 children, I am home with the kids, I no longer exercise, and my eating is atrocious. I am now 36 and I know it will not be as easy to lose weight as it was in my 20s.

But I am going to do it. I am carrying around 50 extra pounds, and that is too much! I want to be healthier for me and my daughters, I want to live a long and healthy life, and quite frankly - I want to feel cuter and enjoy clothes shopping as much as I used to. :) Yes, there is vanity involved in this quest!! Also, I really miss working out. I used to go 4-5x/week, before I had children, and it gave me energy and focus. I used to run and do aerobics and get high off endorphins. I would really enjoy having that energy back. It's either that, or someone out there needs to put more hours in the day... since that's not happening, I guess it's on me to up the energy level and get it all done!

I have told myself that I shouldn't diet or make a big deal out of this, b/c I don't want my daughters to have body issues. Well I think that's crap and an excuse I have made to get out of working at this. Sure if I started starving myself or if I had an unhealthy approach to losing the weight, that would mess with their sweet little heads and create issues that I never ever want them to have. But getting myself to a healthy weight and modeling a healthier lifestyle? That is the best gift I can give them.

So. 2012 will be the year. I will get back to my pre-baby weight, plus that extra 20 I had gained even before having these little ones. I will get my butt back to the gym. I will count my Weight Watchers points. By Christmas 2012, I will be 50 lbs lighter!!

Happy Holidays!

7 comments:

  1. I'm excited for your recommitment and energized by this post. I have tried and failed miserably at getting back on track. I'm with you! Are you logging your food anywhere?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I'm back on DWLZ in the Journal Forum. I am not good at it, though, but I need to be!! I remember how great it felt to be in the groove, and how easy it was once I got there... hoping something clicks soon! :) I need a re-boot or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! Michael and I are having a year long contest to see who can lose the most weight this year. I am interested to see how you do. Good luck (even though I know you won't need it)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah - what a great contest!! Good luck to you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can do it! My blog is at http://comingaroundagain.wordpress.com/ if you want to follow me.

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becca, love it!! :) You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey girl! Awesome idea! I just want to share my support and interest as well. :) I find my gym time to be refreshing because it's my break from the kids lol. That's probably why I go all the time. My friend lost 11.5 inches and 4 dress sizes in (incredibly) one month on the super healthy Paleo diet (hunter gatherer basically). I can't do it because I love sugar too much... Also my biggest new love is crossfit. If you can get someone who can show you how to tone down the workouts (they're set for the "elite" athlete, which I am NOT) then you should try them too! :) www.crossfit.com has a new workout every day. Some of them are totally NUTS!

    Best of luck and I look forward to toasting your success!!!

    ReplyDelete